Travelling to Airlie Beach and the Whitsundays With Children
Here at Whitsundays Tours we are a family business and have 2 children, we know the highs and lows of going on family holidays and thought we will pass on some helpful tips for your Whitsundays family Holiday.
- Airlie Beach Swimming lagoon is a great place to take the kids and is located in the Middle of Airlie Beach, check out this stunning location of the lagoon here on Google Maps . the main part of the lagoon is split by a bridge with the deepest parts by the middle and shallow parts at each end of the pool. There is also large paddling pool and small playground for younger children. If you forgot swimmers for your younger children or need new ones while here on holiday see a local company website here called Tiny Tooshes who specialise in reusable swim nappies
2. There is a new playground that has been built by the esplanade or sailing club, this playground is perfect for all ages with massive slides and climbing nets as well as lots of equipment for the younger kids. Why do we rate this playground over all the others? it’s fenced, it’s by the beach and coffee is just a 2-minute walk away for the parents 😊
3. If you are looking at doing a Whitsundays Tour and your children are under 5 please check with the operator first, as some companies do not take children under a specified age
Some quick ideas for Whitsundays Day Tours and ages are …
- Public Changing Rooms, there are changing rooms including parents’ rooms at the lagoon, to find these walk towards the middle and you will see a block of bathrooms and changing rooms
5. Food – at the heart of all children is their stomach and on holidays mine love trying new food! There is a selection of cafes restaurants etc around Airlie Beach and Cannonvale, kids favourite McDonald’s is on the main street and easy to find. To make it easier to find food that your kids like all in one place see Whitsunday Menu here, they have most restaurants and takeaway outlets in the Whitsundays, and as a bonus, all menu items are up to date.
6. Child-Friendly accommodation – as a parent I know when my kids are happy on holidays then I’m happy! The best accommodation places to keep children and entertained while on your Airlie Beach Holiday are…
Big 4 Adventure Whitsundays – Massive waterpark, pool plus mini golf and lots of kids activities
Discovery Park also has a pool and kids waterpark and is situated just out of town at Jubilee Pocket
Conway tourist park is located around 30 minutes from town and is a hop skip and a jump from Conway Beach, they have a relaxed atmosphere with a pool, waterslide, waterpark, little motor train and a café and restaurant on site. This is our favourite as it’s a very peaceful stay with great fishing close by at the Proserpine river
We hope that’s helped you prepare for your upcoming Airlie Beach and Whitsundays Family holiday and we can’t wait to see you soon.